What To Do If Someone Else Registered Your Trademark FirstNov 01, 2022
What happens if someone else registers your brand as a trademark? First step: don't panic. It doesn't have to mean a rebrand. Tune in for 3 things to consider before throwing in the towel on your branding.
- Registering a trademark with the USPTO is the only way to truly own your brand across the US and make sure no one else can steal your name
- There are steps you can take if someone else registers your brand name first, but they're advanced strategies that usually require help from a trademark lawyer
- The first person to file the trademark application wins
- Search your name on TESS, the USPTO search tool (gives direct hits only!)
- Learn more about trademark registration services
- Watch the free masterclass
- Follow Amy on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please reach out and let me know by sending me a DM on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Here are a few other steps you can take to support the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher
- Share the episode on social media and tag me @artfulcontracts
Watch the free masterclass
If you are an online business owner who’s ready to take the guesswork out of the legal aspects of your business, watch my free training to learn the 3 steps to get your business legally legit without hiring a lawyer. Let’s get the legal stuff covered so you can grow your business with confidence.