9 Steps to Legally Protect Your Business, Part 2Aug 30, 2022
This is part 2 of a 3-part series that covers the 9 steps to legally protect your online business. In this episode, we're covering business bank accounts, figuring out permitting and licenses for your business, and requirements for your website.
Download the free guide accompanying this series at artfulcontracts.com/legalchecklist
- Open separate business bank accounts. This helps with budgeting and making sure your business is profitable, but it's also absolutely necessary if you have an LLC. Without a separate business bank account, a court could decide your LLC never existed.
- Do your research on local permits and licenses you may need to run your business. Most online business owners won't need any, but it's important to double-check your local requirements to make sure.
- Put your website policies in place! Without the right website policies on your website (or landing page, sales page, opt-in page, etc.) you could face fines or get your website shut down.
- Download the 9-Step Legal Checklist
- Grab your website policies templates
- Watch the free masterclass
- Follow Amy on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please reach out and let me know by sending me a DM on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Here are a few other steps you can take to support the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher
- Share the episode on social media and tag me @artfulcontracts
Watch the free masterclass
If you are an online business owner who’s ready to take the guesswork out of the legal aspects of your business, watch my free training to learn how to legally protect your online business without spending thousands of dollars on legal fees. Let’s get the legal stuff covered so you can grow your business with confidence.