7 Things You Didn't Know You Could Put in Your ContractsOct 11, 2022
I'll say it again and again: your contracts support your boundaries. But maybe that feels a little wishy-washy. This episode covers 7 concrete pieces you can add to your contracts to make your life easier when dealing with clients.
Did you have these already? Are you going to add any? Send me a DM or share this episode on your IG story and tag me to let me know! @artfulcontract
- You're the business owner - you make the rules. Your contracts can basically say whatever you want as long as it's not criminal
- Yes, you can charge interest on late payments and on payment plans. See bullet point 1 above
- Add a testimonial release and/or portfolio release to make sure you can use all those glowing Slack messages from happy clients and screenshots of your work in your marketing
- My #1 tip to make sure you get paid: take (at least some) money up front!
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please reach out and let me know by sending me a DM on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Here are a few other steps you can take to support the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher
- Share the episode on social media and tag me @artfulcontracts
Watch the free masterclass
If you are an online business owner who’s ready to take the guesswork out of the legal aspects of your business, watch my free training to learn the 3 steps to get your business legally legit without hiring a lawyer. Let’s get the legal stuff covered so you can grow your business with confidence.