One Crucial Legal Step to Take Before Launching Your Next ProductMay 02, 2023
If you're dreaming up a new product or service for your business (or thinking about the next evolution of your brand), there is one crucial step you don't want to miss that can make the difference between a product that stands out and one that fades into all the online noise. Choosing the name of your next product should be a strategic choice informed by data - data you can get with a trademark search. Tune in for a few tips on choosing a name strategical, and how a trademark search can give you the information you need to make sure your brand stands out.
If you're ready to protect your trademark (whether you're using it or not!), head on over to artfulcontracts.com/trademarks to learn more about my done-for-you trademark registration service.
- While you can file an application for a trademark you haven't used publicly yet, you won't receive a registration certificate until you have proof that you're using it with a good or service that is available to the public
- Filing your trademark application saves your spot in line - anyone who files after you will have to wait until your mark is either registered or rejected to have their application reviewed
- You have to have a good faith intention to use your mark within a year of filing your application. That means that idea of someone else seeing your name and then rushing to file first doesn't hold water (unless they already were using it, in which case it's totally their right)
- Watch the free masterclass
- Book a Trademark Consultation Call to get started on the trademark registration process
- Follow Amy on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please reach out and let me know by sending me a DM on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Here are a few other steps you can take to support the podcast:
Watch the free masterclass
If you are an online business owner who’s ready to take the guesswork out of the legal aspects of your business, watch my free training to learn the 3 steps to get your business legally legit without hiring a lawyer. Let’s get the legal stuff covered so you can grow your business with confidence.