What To Do When Your Business Has No MoneySep 20, 2022
You need money to operate your business. But you've heard you can't just use your personal money to pay your business expenses if you have an LLC... so what do you do if your business just doesn't have quite enough?
In this episode, we talk about why you can't just pay your business expenses with your personal money and what you can do to give your business a cash injection when you need it.
- Mixing your personal money and your business money is called "co-mingling funds" - don't do it.
- If you don't treat your business money and your personal money as separate, a court can take down the liability protection of your LLC - the whole reason you have an LLC in the first place
- If your business needs a cash injection, you can provide it from your personal money via a capital contribution or a loan
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please reach out and let me know by sending me a DM on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Here are a few other steps you can take to support the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher
- Share the episode on social media and tag me @artfulcontracts
Watch the free masterclass
If you are an online business owner who’s ready to take the guesswork out of the legal aspects of your business, watch my free training to learn how to legally protect your online business without spending thousands of dollars on legal fees. Let’s get the legal stuff covered so you can grow your business with confidence.