6 Mistakes that Can Destroy Your LLC ProtectionOct 18, 2022
Everyone says to create an LLC, but filing the paperwork is just the first step. If you don't maintain it properly, you could completely destroy the legal wall your LLC created between you and your business (and that wall is the only thing protecting your personal money from business lawsuits). Tune in for 6 common mistakes business owners make that risk their LLC liability protection.
- Your LLC creates a legal wall between your personal money and the risks of doing business, but there are a few things that a lot of business owners do without realizing that can destroy that legal wall.
- Forming your LLC is just the first step. If you don't know how to use it, your LLC won't actually protect you.
- Always sign your contracts on behalf of your LLC, not personally. You are not the service provider or the client, your LLC is.
- Keep your business and personal money separate. Co-minging funds is the fastest way to get rid of your LLC protection.
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please reach out and let me know by sending me a DM on Instagram @artfulcontracts
Here are a few other steps you can take to support the podcast:
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher
- Share the episode on social media and tag me @artfulcontracts
Watch the free masterclass
If you are an online business owner who’s ready to take the guesswork out of the legal aspects of your business, watch my free training to learn the 3 steps to get your business legally legit without hiring a lawyer. Let’s get the legal stuff covered so you can grow your business with confidence.